Loewen Windows and Doors
Loewen Engineering Results in Uncommon Strength and Durability, Enabling Dramatic Design, Innovation and Inspiration
1. Coastal Douglas Fir for strength and rigidity (optional Coastal FSC Douglas Fir and Mahogany available).
2. Laminated sash for enhanced structural stability and a tight weather seal.
3. Dual seal on glass units for long hermetic seal life.
4. Natural clear wood interior ideal for staining or painting.
5. Profiled sash edge for a finished look and integration with Simulated Divided Lite (SDL) bars.
6. Optional extruded aluminum cladding for low maintenance, available in a wide range of colors.
7. Minimal use of exposed exterior caulking on glass surfaces.
8. No metal-to-glass contact for improved energy efficiency.
9. Triple seal glazing system on metal clad units to effectively block moisture infiltration.
10. Hidden venting channel to allow built-up condensation to escape, increasing seal and sash life.
11. Authentic stile and rail construction. No miters.
12. Mortise and tenon sash corner joints for structural stability.
13. Taller bottom rail to create a custom architectural look reminiscent of traditional joinery and to enhance structural stability and strength.
14. Airspace between wood and window cladding for air circulation and added insulative value.
15. Secondary weatherstrip to deflect wind-driven rain from primary seal.
The window corner section illustrated is a Douglas Fir Awning/Casement unit. Doors and other window models may have construction and performance differences.
INTELLIGENT SOLUTIONS BRIDGE PRACTICALITY AND YOUR PERSONAL EXPRESSION OF STYLE.
Loewen doors offer the perfect solution to bring the outside in. Forming dramatic entryways — and doubling as larger-than-life, functional windows — our doors serve as a bridge between your indoor sanctuary and the great outdoors.
No other hinged door can capture as expansive a view as a Loewen Terrace Door, thanks to our large glass areas and all wood construction.
Functioning like large moving windows, Loewen Sliding Patio Doors can open up the walls in your home to new possibilities.
Functioning like large moving windows, Loewen LiftSlide Doors can open up the walls in your home to new possibilities
Possibilities unfold with Loewen Bifold Doors, creating stunning transitions to the fresh air and spaciousness of outdoor living.
WHY CAN’T A WINDOW BE AS MUCH A WORK OF ART AS THE LANDSCAPE IT FRAMES?
To our way of thinking, a window should be more than just a source of natural light and air… It should be a source of inspiration. Consequently, you may have trouble deciding which is more inspiring: the view outside your windows or the windows themselves.
Casement Windows swing open (like a door) to provide superior ventilation, while the large glass areas provide unobstructed views and bathe your rooms in a flood of natural light.
Awning windows open out from the bottom, letting air circulate freely while providing a unique protective shield to keep the rain out.
|Double Hung Windows
Opening from both the top and the bottom, double hung windows are proof that certain classic looks never go out of style. And we have taken steps to make these timeless beauties perform better than ever.
Loewen Picture Windows are designed to give you maximum views with a minimum of wood framework.
|Bow & Bay Windows
Unlike other options, bow and bay windows actually add valuable living space to your home. How much extra space is up to you.
These windows are ideal in situations where access to the outside is restricted – such as multiple story homes and commercial applications.
|Custom and Speciality Windows
When something unique is called for, there is no substitute for Loewen’s 100+ years of crafting European heritage. No substitute either for the skill of designers and engineers who excel at state-of-the-art window and production technology to create that one special window that will make the whole room sparkle.
Expand your view, incorporate additional ventilation and complete your look with Loewen complementary Transom windows.